The Real Taste of Corfu
A magical walk for foodies in the alleyways of Corfu begins. Meet the city, its people and discover exceptional gastronomic treasures, not only in the old but also in the new town of Corfu in our intriguing food tour. The best way to feel like a local is to join us in this exquisite food tour in Corfu, which will enrich your tasting experience. That day, make sure not to have breakfast and we reassure you that after your walk with us there will not be any room for lunch.
Get to know friendly locals that will show you what the town is all about when it comes to eating like a local and feast like a king! We love to awake your senses and offer you a mixture of unparalleled delights. Two of your basic needs, that is hunger and thirst, are well catered for on this tour.
Enjoy the best coffee where the heart of the city beats. We will make a stop at a local place to try some of the most amazing local flavors such as either the famous Greek cheese pie or sweet pie dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon the so-called ’’bougatsa’’ and afterwards, the well-known koum kouat at exquisite traditional shops that few tourists are aware of.
During this gastronomic tour, you will taste delicious food, such as cold cuts, cheeses, olives and olive oil from locally-owned groceries, bakeries, and specialty shops. Some of them are at the local market which is definitely worth a visit. You can have samples of some locally produced liqueurs koum kouat or limoncello. You will enjoy Corfu Beer or local Ginger Beer accompanied by the most delicious ’’souvlaki’’ in town. Conclude your gastronomical tour with famous delicacies and the best sweet in town choosing between traditional emblematic desserts, handmade delicious ice cream or local yogurt with corfiot honey. At each stop, we will make sure that you will have enough time to taste the local flavors relaxed and without any hassle at all.
Whether you’re on vacation or you’re just visiting our island for a few hours, being on a cruise, this is the perfect activity for anyone who enjoys eating local honest food and learning a little bit along the way.
The Real Taste of Corfu is a great way that allows you to add an ingredient of creativity; broaden your taste palate, satisfy your curiosity for food production and food traditions rooted in Greece and especially in Corfu.
Tantalize your taste buds on this 3,5-hour walking tour through some of the most delicious neighborhoods and you will begin recognizing flavors you may not have picked up on before.
- This tour is appropriate for small groups who wish to discover hidden treasures of Corfu through a unique route of flavors.
- This tour is also available in German, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish language upon request.
- This tour is designed for adults and children as well.
- Children up to 8 years old do not pay.
- The number of persons can be adjusted upon request at special prices.
- If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
Meeting PointNew Fortress’s square
Starting Time10:00 am
- Private walking tour in town’s magical squares and its beautiful alleyways.
- An insider's look at a traditional neighborhood food market that most visitors never see!
- Visiting some small well hidden traditional food shop
- Possibility of small deviation from our route if requested
- Transport From/To your hotel
- Personal Expenses
- Food & Drinks except those mentioned above